2 years of Mavericks and why we’re here!
LinkedIn kindly reminded me of my 2nd work anniversary this week. A lot has happened and is happening with Mavericks continuously. In my previous post I summarized our road up to last spring and was genuinely excited about how well we were doing. Well, we kind of kicked in yet another gear and, most importantly, have survived the market situation virtually unscathed and our bench time has been flat 0 hours since the beginning of June!
Our current amount of employees signed is 29. 26 are consultants and our back office team took yet another step forward when Anjuli joined our team as people and growth manager! At the current rate we’ll be way past 200% growth in head count this year.
Why is it that we’re growing so fast? I believe the answer is simple: great market position.
- Our value proposal works well for adults. What is motivating for people in their high 20’s is often different from that of people in their high 30’s. What we offer seems to work quite well for mature people.
- Market prices for software consulting haven’t increased in at least 10 years in Finland. In fact, thanks to Coronavirus, they are down by 10-15% now. Salaries, on the other hand, have been on the rise for a long time. That has created tension within fixed salary -based consultancies and has resulted in demand for alternative models where revenue is shared more evenly between the company and its experts.
- Digitalization is proceeding. There is more and more demand for skilled consultants. Companies are quite aware of what they want to achieve and oftentimes are able to run the show, too. We just provide them with means of achieving their goals. So, in other words, our market is growing.
- We honestly seem to have an excellent market fit in terms of price and quality. We’ve proven this many times over now both with our partners and in public tenders.
- Our clients appreciate the fact that 70-75% of what they pay for a consultant is directed directly to the consultant’s compensation. Nice to know the money is spent where it belongs, not in some greedy external owners’ pockets or in financing random product adventures.
Disagree? Please feel free to contact me on Linkedin / email / phone. I’d also be extremely interested in discussion around employee compensation, building an equal place to work, different business models for building software consultancies etc.
COMPANIES: Interested in happy, skilled professionals with reasonable prices? Check out our services and contact us!
DEVELOPERS: Want to join us? Get in touch!